NewsBack to index
11th June 2021
The Artcooks! Nic Jones has a recipe for the best biscuits; Gingernuts!
Nic Jones is our resident Artcook this week, and she’s providing the perfect snack to accompany a tea break; Gingernuts!
Nic Jones’s Gingernuts
- 4 oz. self raising flour (110g)
- 1 slightly rounded teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/2 oz. granulated sugar (40g)
- 2 oz. margarine (50g)
- 2 oz (or 2 tablespoons) of golden syrup
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 5 / 375°F / 190°C (fan oven 170°)
- Sift flour, ginger and bicarb into a mixing bowl and add sugar.
- Rub in margarine, till crumbly.
- Add syrup and mix until it becomes a stiff paste.
- Divide into small pieces like little balls.
- Put on a lightly greased baking sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, then leave to cool on a wire rack.