NewsBack to index
8th July 2021
The Artcooks! Laura Barrett impresses with a Moroccan Filo Pie recipe!
We’re back with another recipe from one of our culinary inclined creatives; Laura Barrett is impressing with a Moroccan inspired filo pie!
Laura Barrett’s Moroccan Filo Pie
- 30ml Olive oil
- 125g Butternut Squash, cut in to small cubes
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tsp Ras el Hanout
- 2 tsp Harissa
- 400g Chopped tomatoes
- 2 Red peppers, sliced
- 400g Chickpeas
- 150g Feta
- 5 Filo Sheets
- 15g Pumpkin and Sunflower Seeds
- Preheat oven to 200ºc/180ºc fan/gas mark 6. Drizzle squash with 5ml of olive oil and roast for 115 minutes.
- Warm 20ml of olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic, and cook gently for 15 minutes until soft. Add the Ras el Hanout and Harissa and cook for 2 minutes more. Stir in the tomatoes and cook for a further 10 minutes, and sauce has thickened. Add peppers and chickpeas, season with salt and pepper and then set pan aside to cool.
- Fold in the feta and squashed transfer everything into a large ovenproof dish. Place the now empty pan back on the heat and toast the pumpkin and sunflower seeds for 2 minutes.
- One at a time, lightly coat the filo sheets with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Arrange each of the oiled filo sheets on top of the filling, scrunching them up for added height and texture. Scatter the toasted seeds on top of the pie.
- Bake for 20 mins or until golden. Serve with a side salad and enjoy!