NewsBack to index
3rd January 2020
The Artworks ‘Best of Illustration’ 2019
As we enter the start of 2020, a time for exciting new projects, collaborations and Illustrations, we wanted to remember all the fantastic work created by our artists over the last year. Here is our 2019 round up of the ‘Best of Illustration’!
- Animal Atlas by Anne Rooney and Lonely Planet Kids. This stunning picture book is an exploration into nature’s finest creatures, beautifully illustrated by Lucy Rose.
- Where the World turns Wild by Nicola Penfold. A captivating book with a delicate jacket design, illustrated by Kate Forrester.
- Mendola’s 2020 Calendar design by Debbie Rose Powell, Iinspired by the wildflowers in her garden and made entirely with hand cut stamps.
- Boom Bang Royal Meringue by Sally Doran. Get lost in a fantastical royal world with adorable Illustrations by Rachael Saunders.
- Absolut Creative Competition Winner – Switzerland Illustrated by Catherine Pearson. Inspired by the Garden of Eden, where the beauty of our planet should be celebrated!
- The Runaways, the story of three runaway evacuees set during WW2 by Holly Webb. With a poignant jacket design by Lucy Davey.
- Cottonmill, a luxury Spa at the country house hotel, Sopwell House. Illustrated by Sarah McMenemy.
- Game – Menu Design at Claridges by Mary Woodin.
- The Little Mermaid gorgeously Illustrated by Laura Barrett, each illustration inspired by real underwater creatures and foliage.
- Lost Species by Jess French, A book all about extinct animals from 70 million years ago to just 10years ago, Illustrated by Daniel Long
- The Book of Dust Volume Two, one of the most talked about books of the year, with an illustrated cover by Chris Wormell.
- V&A Families Programme, Illustrated by Laurindo Feliciano in his classic surreal fashion.