NewsBack to index
19th March 2021
The Artcooks! Debbie Powell shares her recipe for perfect pasta & pesto!
Over the last year, while being restricted to our homes, many of us have taken the time to sharpen up our culinary skills. Our artists are not exempt from this, and have been kind of enough to share some of their favourite recipes from this time, served with the perfect accompaniment; an illustration!
We’ll be sharing our growing collection of recipes from our multi-talented roster (The Artcooks!), and hopefully inspiring kitchen creativity in others! First up is Debbie Powell, who has perfected a fast, filling method for homemade pesto!
Debbie Powell’s Perfect Pasta and Pesto!
- A handful of washed basil
- 1 whole clove of garlic
- a good glug of olive oil
- half a lemon, juiced
- 50g lightly toasted pine nuts
- 6 balls of frozen spinach, defrosted in a pan over medium heat
- Throw all the ingredients into a hand blender and mix.
- Add it to freshly cooked pasta of your choice (at the moment we are enjoying it with tagliatelle)
- Serve with lots of parmesan or yeast flakes if you’re vegan. Sprinkle on salt & pepper.