16 July 2021
The Artcooks! Lucy Rose's Veggie Peanut Noodles recipe!
Posted in: Food, Illustration, The Artcooks
Another week, another recipe! This week’s Artcooks recipe is coming straight from Lucy Rose, who has illustrated a wonderfully simple Veggie Peanut Noodle stir-fry. Delicious!
Lucy Rose’s Veggie Peanut Noodles
- 1 Carrot, ribboned
- 2 Spring Onions, chopped
- 1 Red Pepper, sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, grated
- 1/2 Broccoli, chopped
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 Small piece of Ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- Chilli Flakes
- 1/2 Can of Coconut Milk (optional)
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and add the noodles. Once cooked, drain and add a dash of oil to stop them sticking.
- Meanwhile, in a Wok or large pan, cook the broccoli in a drizzle of oil.
- Once the broccoli is slightly soft, add the ginger, garlic, carrot, red pepper and cook for a few minutes. Mix in the peanut butter, soy sauce, half of the lime juice, honey, chilli flakes and add a little bit of water or coconut milk to make a sauce-like consistency. Cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the noodles into the pan and give everything a good mix.
- Serve with the spring onions sprinkled on top and drizzle over rest of the lime juice.